Wednesday, November 9, 2011

School

Beginnings
Fresh Starts
New Life
New Jobs
New Location

Prayer Answered: Even if not in the way expected.... I have a teaching job. A first grade teacher since Aug 25. Relocated from PA  to NC. I applied for the job on a whim - a why not - moment. And 5 days later the phone rings. It's a principal who wants to interview me from a job I didn't even apply for but she found and saw my application on the state's database, liked what she saw, and called me! Amazing what God does when we let go.... still learning that one every day.... so she interviewed me on Skype for and an hour and a half on a Thursday (Aug 4) - the weekend was spent calling back and forth with her trying to get in touch with my references - Monday (Aug 8) HR offered me the position...Tuesday (Aug 9) I drove down with all I could get in my car - leaving my husband and 2 puppies behind (still can't believe I lived through that), and started orientation Wednesday (Aug 10)... and lived with a relative about 50 min away from school for about a month. Praise God for technology so I could keep in touch every night with my husband. It was a leap of faith..... Again the "for we walk by faith not by sight," 2 Corinthians 5:7 always jumps out to me......Sept 24 we moved our entire life down here.....God blessed us abundantly....My hubby has a job and starts Monday. That is in a nutshell.... a lot of growing and changing.....melting and molding....refining....

I have a sweet bundle of 20 first graders who come in every morning ready to learn and go, and sometimes lately I have fallen a step or two behind in the wonderful role of teacher.... that new teacher slump....or so it's called....but I know where my strength comes from....not me for sure....so one day at a time. So thankful, so tired, so stressed....so blessed.....

No comments:

Post a Comment